March brings us “International Women’s Day”
At Esthetic Formula we want to help you celebrate women everyday.
What helps a woman’s skin stay soft yet firm?
Estrogen is a female hormone that maintains collagen production, moisture retention, skin elasticity & thickness. When it depletes during menopause collagen production is diminished which leads to dry skin, wrinkles, sagging skin, thinning of skin and age spots. Additionally, testosterone levels also go down in menopause which helps decrease acne breakouts.
Try these products for female clients that may be experiencing menopause related skin changes…
- Use a light & gentle cleanser, preferably a cream based cleanser to prevent skin drying.
Try EF cream or milk cleanser.
- Dark spots can be treated with Brightening agents.
Use EF Vitamin C serum or EF Brightening gel w/Kojic acid or EF Skin Glow Serum or EF Vitamin C with niacinamide.
- For postmenopausal acne try a beta-hydroxy acid which clears out debris from pores without overdrying the skin. May also help fade age spots thru exfoliation.
Try EF Salicylic solution.
- Rich moisturizers are a must for estrogen depleted dry skin. Look for moisturizers with peptides, hyaluronic acid or ceramide to stimulate collagen production & boost elasticity
Use EF collagen peptide moisturizer.. EF Night Moisturizer with hyaluronic acid or EF ceramide cream.
- Use an eye serum to plump the skin around the eyes & minimize wrinkles.
Try EF eye serum with hyaluronic acid.
- Sunscreen protects skin when outside. Reapply throughout the day.
Use EF SPF 30 Sunscreen.
Also take warm, not hot showers to protect the body’s natural oils & always moisturize right after your shower. As always eat healthy foods, high in antioxidants & get plenty of beauty sleep!